search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > New on this site

Hello everyone,
My name is Tami, I've visited this site a few times and I just discovered the discussion board. I'm so sorry for everyone's loses.
I'm here because I lost my sweet son, Conner, 31 months ago today. He was born with a genetic disorder that my husband and I passed on during conception/pregnancy. He suffered so much. He received a liver transplant when he was 7 weeks old and had many other health problems throughout his short life. He was born on 2005 and passed away in 2006. He always gave you the biggest smile, he was a fighter.
I'm always looking for on-line support groups but I haven't found the right one yet. I hope this one is. Looking forward to meeting you,
Tami
July 21, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterTami A.
Hi Tami, and a warm welcome to you. Although as always though, I am so sorry you have to be here. I hope Glow can be the right place for you to be. It has been a lifeline for me for the past 11 months without my daughter.
With love and hope
Sally
July 22, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterSally
Tami,
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I can't even imagine what you've been through. Sometimes I wake up and still feel like life is playing a cruel joke on me; like it's so terrible that it simply cannot be my reality.
This site has been such an amazing source of strength for me since losing our son last fall. I typically can come here, read and leave with a sense of positivity that I haven't found any where else. I hope you can feel that too.
Peace to you,
Julie
July 22, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterJulie
Hi Tami,

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have connected with some wonderful women through this site, it's been a real lifeline at times. Sending much love.
July 27, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterMonique
Hi Tami,

I too am sorry for your loss and sorry that you had to find this place. I have made some wonderful friends here and hope that you can do the same.
Sending love...
July 28, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterBluebirdSinging