search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Thank you

I have been reading this site for about a month and a half now. Thank you for all of your postings and thoughts about this world that I am now living in. Our daughter, Julia Faith, was born on Feb. 20, 2009 and died on the 23rd in the NICU. I won't go into all of the details, but she was a perfectly healthy baby, quote from the ultrasound tech, two days before she was born. The day she was born she had no heart beat and wasn't breathing. I am so thankful for the doctors who revived her in the OR, they gave us three days with her. My husband had three days, I had a day and a half, as she was flown out of our little town to Denver. She died in our arms and I have been searching for peace ever since. It is nice to have a place to go where people understand how you are feeling. Thank you
June 5, 2009 | Unregistered Commenterashley
Ashley, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I hope you find some small measure of comfort here.
June 5, 2009 | Registered Commentertash
Ashley,

Welcome. I'm so sorry about Julia. But I'm so glad you found this site. I remember how thankful I was to find it a couple of months after I lost my son. It's so comforting to know there is a place where everyone "gets it." I feel like I rely on this site even more now, 11 months out, when it feels like everyone else in my life is moving on and not thinking so much about my husband and me. I hope this site helps you and brings you peace and comfort just like it does for me. Take care.

Jenny
June 5, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterJenny
Ashley, I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope this space helps you in your search for peace.
June 5, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterErica