search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > New Here

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to introduce myself after a long lurking period, I'm Nan. It will be three months on June 6th since I lost my pregnancy, and our beautiful triplet girls were born too soon at 20 weeks. I have my good days and bad days, today is a good day so I am "surfacing".

I hope to get to know all of you better, and I am sad and happy there are places like this to make you feel so not alone. Im sorry you have all had to endure the pain of losing a child(ren) also.

Nan xo
May 30, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterNan
Hello Nan, I'm happy to have you surfacing, and I'm so sorry for the loss of your triplets. I saw 'new here' and my heart kind of sunk a little, as it always does, knowing that someone else went through their own unique version of this loss. But we are here for you, anytime, and having you here makes this community that much more a welcome for others, too.

So yes, welcome. Hoping you're finding the odd peaceful day.
May 30, 2009 | Unregistered Commentersweetsalty kate
Hi, Nan -

Thanks for sharing some of your story with us. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your three baby girls, and I wish you didn't have to be here. Three months was such a raw time for me - my heart goes out to you and I hope you can find some comfort and understanding in this place.
May 31, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterErica
Hi ladies,
Thank you for the support and warm welcome. I never know what to say when starting a topic, its always awkward. Especially when your emotions and thoughts are so crazy and up and down, you can't think straight. Mainly I am struggling with being back to work, I can't focus and have lost all interest in it, but everyone need a paycheck, ??right??
Anyway, if you are interested, I have a blog, and would like to share it: http://rememberingourtripletangels.blogspot.com/
Hope the day finds you well, Nan
June 1, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterNan
hi Nan,

just wanted to add to the welcome, say how sorry i am about your triplets, and thank you for the link to your blog. you can add it to our blogroll if you'd like, as well...just click 'submit your blog' on the left.

like Kate said, hope you're finding bits of peace. three months out was a particularly hard and shifting time for me and my heart goes out to you.
June 3, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterBon
Hi- I too am fairly new to this new group I have become a part of. We lost our daughter three days after she was born three months and two weeks ago. What is it about the three month mark that is so painful? This is an amazing site, thanks so much.

Ashley
June 5, 2009 | Unregistered Commenterashley
Thank you Bon for your warm welcome and empathy. We are doing ok and this past weekend we had our balloon release. I have posted it on my blog. I also added my blog to the community. Thank you again, looking forward to getting to know you.

Ashley - I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray for peace and comfort for you and your family.
June 8, 2009 | Unregistered CommenterNan