search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Perinatal hospices

Anyone actually get a referral to perinatal hospice services? Was it helpful? What did they do that was the biggest help, was there anything they did that was unhelpful?

We should have been referred to one, but there wasn't anyone in the area to help. So, my big goal is to help get a program started. The hospital did the best they could, but things were pretty disorganized and dependent on one person.
November 15, 2008 | Unregistered CommenterKatherine
actually, i've never really even heard of perinatal hospices, Katherine...but thinking back to my own experience i can see how one could be very welcome, and i just wanted to wish you luck and steady sails in your efforts.
November 16, 2008 | Registered Commenterbon
Well, the non-profit hospice in the area has been in contact with me, hopefully we'll get something moving here fairly quickly. They already have a pediatric program so some of that transfers.
November 23, 2008 | Unregistered CommenterKatherine