search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Coming up on 6 months.

We're nearly six months out. I don't know what else to say. The world is moving on, maybe? I'm still here, I'm still lost, but there's no time and there won't be time to mourn anymore. All I can think of is a line from a pop song, "But I know now that we were not the people that we turned out to be." I'm 26 years old and I feel a hundred most days, I know someday I might feel normal again, hey, maybe someday we'll even have what feels real marriage again instead of just some kind of survivalist roommate experience. Someday I'll be able to look at my son and really see him for him, not just look over and be gland he's breathing and the big gaps either side of him where sisters should be.
September 25, 2008 | Unregistered CommenterKatherine
Katherine, I'm so sorry. I wish I had something good to say. All I can tell you is that you are not alone. We will be here with you.
Sue.
September 25, 2008 | Unregistered CommenterSTE
Katherine, I'm so sorry. These markers are so hard - partly, I think, because the dates bring home all kind of reminders of what we've lost, and partly because with each new week or month that's passes, we feel like we should be feeling better and more "normal" even when we aren't. I hope things get better for you, that you find your new normal. Thinking of you,
September 26, 2008 | Unregistered CommenterErica
Katherine, this is a hard time.
But you are not alone.
So many hugs, and much love.
September 29, 2008 | Registered Commenterjanis