search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Full of different emotions.

Excited. Happy. Nervous. Full of love. Those are all the things I felt when she first told me she was pregnant.
Hurt. Angry. Heartbroken. But yet somehow still full of love. Those are the things I felt when she told me she miscarried.
We broke up shortly after. So dealing with this on my own has been a rollercoaster of emotions. Especially with being a masculine presenting lesbian whose family didn’t even know about the miscarriage yet alone the pregnancy. I have no one to talk to about any of this. There are so many things I never got to say to my little girl. There are so many things I never got to say to the other mother of our child. I don’t even know where to begin to grieve such a loss. She was gonna be my shooting star. I was gonna protect her from everything I could and be right there for everything I couldn’t protect her from. There are no rules, no instructions, no PowerPoint on how to handle any of this. I don’t know where to start grieving and honestly don’t think I ever did.
July 29, 2024 | Unregistered CommenterMo