search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Has it really been 10 years?

Time is indeed a thief. It's a little hard to wrap my brain around the fact today would have been Parker's 10th bday. I suppose I'm grateful the ache and sense of loss is not as severe as it once was, but I think maybe I'm also glad it's still there, because I don't ever want to forget him. His birthday is always harder than any other day. But I have always given myself the grace to feel whatever comes on this day.

Mahalo to glowinthewoods for hosting this space for us all these years. I haven't posted since Nov. 2014 when I shared about our minion. I just reread that post and remember how much comfort I took from this site when I needed it.

These days I know I have a lot to be grateful for. My hubby and our rainbow babies C (soon to be 9) and J (soon to be 3) fill my days with love and joy, but this mama will always miss her first born.

Happy heavenly 10th birthday my precious son, Parker James T.

Mama loves you!
July 7, 2024 | Unregistered CommenterPamela T.
Sending a hug, Pamela. It’s been 10 years for me too. My daughter’s little brother (also almost 9) is a wonder. And yes, this place was such a comfort…missing my firstborn along with yours.
July 7, 2024 | Unregistered CommenterAB
Happy Birthday, Parker. So much love to you mama ❤️
July 15, 2024 | Unregistered CommenterJo-Anne