search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > I can't tell anyone (Tw)

Not sure if this is okay to post here to it's okay if it gets taken down.
I was assaulted and remembered miscarriaging. In a way it's not certain I was pregnant, however I feel I was. I can feel it. I've tried ignoring it for the longest time and I can't anymore. If I'm being honest I would have kept my baby, although not sure if I would have been able to. I wouldn't have aborted them. Some family members know I was hurt. I did mention it to someone but it was dismissed. Does anyone else have no "proof" they were pregnant besides knowing it within their soul? I'm dealing with their death on my own and always wonder where they are. In a way recognizing this has made me be in the moment. I blame myself for not remembering being hurt, maybe they wouldn't have died.
February 16, 2024 | Unregistered CommenterErin