search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > My Christmas Miracle

Our baby boy was born premature, 3 months ahead of time. He came the day after we set up the Xmas tree. My wife was so excited, we put his ultrasound photo as a ornament. I saw him come out of my wife, and I cried out of joy when he cried lying on my wife. He was in NICU for a few weeks when they found out he had an infection which ate up his small intestine. The hospital don't know how that happened and neither did they provide a proper directive throughout his development except that everything is great until all went down. He peacefully passed away while my wife and me held him in our arms, this Sunday. I don't know what I did wrong, for my son to go through this. He was such a beautiful boy. We removed the Xmas tree today and he's gone before that. I want to believe he was a Xmas angel who came to bless us. I feel so broken inside, I want to be a support for my wife, but I'm not strong enough myself. I'm having panic attacks at random places. It is tough. I hope no loving parent go through this excruciating pain.
January 10, 2024 | Unregistered CommenterA
A,

I’m so sorry for your loss, it’s heartbreaking what you and your wife is going trough. I’m thinking of all three of you ❤️
I hope you both have support and understanding friends and family.
I know parts of what you are going through, even if everyone’s grief is unike. Grief is hard, there will be ups and a lot of downs and some panic attacks along the road.
There will be better days ahead, I myself couldn’t see that either 13 years ago when we lost our first, or 9 years and 5 months ago when baby #3 said hi and good bye. I’m so thankful both for glow and the community here, and my support group of babyloss parents in my region 9 years ago.

If you’re up for it either now or down the road, I would recommend a grief counselling group for both of you. Try it, and if it doesn’t work at least you tried.

Hoping for brighter days down the road, sending love.
January 12, 2024 | Unregistered CommenterScandinavian endo-girl