search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Perinatal anxiety and depression

Hello Glow,

This was my safe space when my baby died 7 years ago. I have since had two children that have saved me. Their pregnancies while hard weren’t near as bad as what I’m experiencing now in my fourth and final pregnancy. I am 17 weeks and from early on realized I was suffering, possibly perinatal psychosis I thought. I spiraled very fast and become suicidal, thinking I will lose another and reliving the trauma, the unimaginable trauma of losing my first child.

Has anyone experienced perinatal anxiety and depression, perinatal psychosis or horrific ptsd in subsequent pregnancies? I am convinced something is wrong and this baby will die, so much so that I’ve wanted to terminate since the beginning to save my sanity. Isn’t that awful of me.
November 26, 2023 | Unregistered CommenterElla
Ella, that sounds hard, I’m sorry you’re feeling this way. There is no right or wrong in how you’re feeling, you’re feeling it and it’s irrelevant how other people would feel in your situation. That said, can you talk to a counselor/psychologist? They might be able to help you sort through it all. Good luck. Sending peace.
November 28, 2023 | Unregistered CommenterAB
Thankyou AB,

It’s tough. I see women and relatives who are in the first trimester and already buying baby items and telling their children that they are getting a baby… my girls start to talk about the baby and I feel like I’m going to break their hearts when the baby doesn’t come home. This baby is seemingly healthy, I just can’t accept that.
January 24, 2024 | Unregistered CommenterElla