search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Happened too fast

I am 23 and experiencing the immense pain of a miscarriage actively as I write this. I was not wanting or expecting a baby but unfortunately I didn’t get to process everything before it was taken away. I am in a very loving relationship which makes this process harder because I often would imagine what a baby with him would be like. I keep picturing what our child would have looked like and why I wasn’t able to keep them safe. I have never experienced this type of emptiness both physically and mentally before. I don’t even know if I wanted my baby right now but now that they are gone I feel so much grief. I feel frightened for my life after this and am wondering when things will feel like they are settling. I just feel so alone in my head and want to feel less like a bad person for my conflicting feelings and thoughts.
September 5, 2023 | Unregistered CommenterLynn