search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > How do I stop the pain

Hi I am 24 and got married a year ago. We had our first miscarriage on July 4th and another one in January. I am not sure how to handle these feelings and have no support system. It was super traumatic for me and my husband is not so good with consoling. Is it normal to feel like you’ll make a crappy mom if you’re even able to have kids in the future and cry anytime you see a baby? I don’t know how to handle this constant lingering pain. Is there any advice out there?
June 13, 2023 | Unregistered CommenterAlexis
I am so sorry you're hurting, and sorry for your loss. You are not a crappie mom, not now, not ever. You are a sad mom and that's okay. Whatever you feel is valid and it's been felt before. Sadly dear heart, you are not alone. But we are here, gathered around this fire ready to hear your voice. Personally it helped to write about it over the years. To surround myself, even if it was mainly online, with people who have gone through the same or similar losses. It helped to acknowledge my loss was my baby. A life.
July 25, 2023 | Unregistered CommenterJo-Anne