search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > April Fools

Baby girl,

I still cry and wish this was some type of April Fool’s joke but then reality reminds me that it’s all very much real. It’s been 12 whole days but we have an eternity to go without you. It all just doesn’t seem fair. We were 2 weeks shy of them even considering giving you a fighting chance in the NICU. Who knew giving birth to such a perfectly formed tiny human would show me love in a way I’ve never experienced. Never hearing your cry or seeing your little eyes will remain a memory I can’t shake. Holding your tiny warm body knowing I’d never get to take you home and watch you grow did something to this heart of mine. I’m learning to accept this new reality, while appreciating every second I was blessed to carry you my precious baby girl. Your father and I have grown closer and learned to love harder because of you. You can never be replaced and will forever be our first born. We love you now and forever more. You are loved by soo many and we know your spirit lives amongst us all. Rest on my love and we’ll for sure meet again..

~ Your Mama
April 13, 2023 | Unregistered CommenterShay