search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Isn’t that Ironic

The craziest part of my journey is the irony. As I type this post, I realized the irony that fate has decided to place on me.
On March 25, 2014, I was beyond elated to have finally passed the hardest test of my life! I commemorate the date by making it my password for almost everything.

Yesterday afternoon on March 25, 2023, at 3:00 pm my entire world and heart shattered right before my eyes as I realized the bleeding wasn’t stopping and this time I knew I had passed my 5 week old.

While I may have the support system that anyone would be fortunate to have, I still feel lost. Where do I even start from here? How do I pick up the broken pieces? How do I begin to mend? How do I become myself? Or better yet who am I?
March 26, 2023 | Unregistered CommenterGM