search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > The small things

Hi- I come here often still, although I haven’t posted anything for some time. I lost my baby almost 7 years ago. I can hardly believe that it has been that long. My grief ebbs and flows now/ - sometimes it takes a front seat and sometimes it takes a back seat for months at a time. But often, when something comparatively small happens, and I feel a slight injustice in a part of my life that really pales in comparison to my loss, I become raging mad. Like I can’t believe the universe took my baby and now I have to contend with some other minor injustice. Something in my work life has recently set me off and I am so unbelievably angry about it…, and again angry about losing Luke. Does anyone else experience this? Like little injustice can set off a stream of rage? In many ways, I would imagine my loss would make me better at accepting more minor annoyances and frustrations- but I think it has done the opposite.

Thanks for reading

Xoxo

Abby
February 27, 2023 | Unregistered CommenterAbby
Yes Abby,
I too feel it sometimes, both with a small injustice or even a little things that never got to me beforehand. It causes both rage and sadness. Ending in me being mad at the world and everyone.
I’m in that kind of rage now, not being able to talk to this one person, she totally degraded my right to grieve.
March 27, 2023 | Unregistered CommenterScandinavian endo-girl