search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Ten Years

December 27th was the 10th anniversary of our son Joseph's stillbirthday. We did a year-long community art project in his memory for the 10th. I was talking to a friend who helped with the project, and she thought that knowing how we have honored Joseph, ten years out, could be helpful for others babylost parents. I was hesitant at first. I don't come here often anymore. I don't know most of you, but maybe a few of you are still around. I don't write much anymore, either, but I did end up writing about the project, the journey of this year, and posted it on my blog (long dormant). So, for those who need to know your baby can still have a place in your future, even in their absence, that others will remember with you, even if they didn't know you then: https://thethingsimmadeof.wordpress.com/2023/01/01/ten/
-Burning Eye
January 1, 2023 | Unregistered CommenterBurning Eye
Thinking of you and your Joseph Burning Eye, and wishing you a gentle 10th birthday season. Your posts, when I first found this place 8.5 years ago were a comfort to me. Sending peace.
January 12, 2023 | Unregistered CommenterAB
Thinking of you and Joseph. I also haven’t been here in a very long while, but felt compelled to come back today. I remember you well from when this community was a lifeline for me 8 years ago, You were a big part of this place that meant so much to me. What a wonderful project to mark Joseph’s stillbirthday, thank you for sharing. Hope it was gentle on you. Very best wishes.
March 17, 2023 | Unregistered CommenterIsobel’s Mom
Thinking of you and Joseph, remembering you from eight years back.
What a nice project you did for him :heart:

Scandinavian endo-girl
April 27, 2023 | Unregistered CommenterScandinavian endo-girl