search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > A blog about loss and pregnancy after loss

My son Grant would be 9 years old (10 in Feb of 2023).
I went on to have three more children after Grant died and documented those times in a blog over the past 9 years. I don't touch the blog much anymore, but if this is a help or anyone would be interested to read:

myunanticipatedloss.blogspot.com
October 19, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterTracy
Thank you, Tracy. I am not in a good place, but I think reading other stories might help me somehow. I lost her few months ago. Turner syndrome. She was much more than this label. She was my everything. Still is.
I hope every woman will find peace, at least some comfort. I like to imagine our babies will always look for us, sending love from heaven.
I see her in every white butterfly.
Thank you,
Sara
October 27, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterSara
Thank you Tracy, I went through your blog to read your early post. Your words are powerful and it makes me understand my own emotions that we all feel similar emotions when it comes to a miscarriage and we all handle it differently. Life has felt like a big blur for me and I truly appreciate your blog because it helped me not feel so alone in this journey.

Thank you again for sharing your story.
November 22, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterAshley