search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > We thought we had forever

What do I say? What do I do? How do I feel? Well I feel nothing. I had three amazing months with my daughter Nova. God decided to take her from us though. Now she is mommy’s little angel in gods kingdom. She was so beautiful and I miss her so dam much. My soul has been torn in half and my heart ripped from my chest. I just want her back and would do anything to trade places with her. I’ve been through a lot of terrible stuff in my life and now this. How does one heal from this or at least how do I learn to feel again? I am so grateful for those three months I had with her. She will always be mommy’s beautiful baby girl. I don’t know what else to say so that’s it for now. - Nova Jeans Mommy
October 17, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterEmily
Hi Emily, my heart goes out to you. You do have a precious Angel in heaven watching over you. I know my son is watching over me as I continue to struggle with his passing in October. He never made it to full term (passed at 19 weeks), I don’t know what to do anymore. Life feels blah and just when I thought this year was getting better is when it all fell apart. Life has been hard, the news and what’s going on in the world doesn’t help us mothers grieving and looking for answers and support.

I send you hugs. This process is never easy, I’m so new to all these emotions but I know if I don’t try to heal myself emotionally then I’ll only have fears and sadness when I do become pregnant again.

I can only hope life gets better for all of us.
November 23, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterAshley