search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Trying to get back to "normal"

I lost my pregnancy at 15 weeks and went through a traumatic delivery, D&C and recovery. I tried to wear everything I felt on the surface because I hoped it would help me heal. At some point, I stopped crying and feeling much toward the loss. I just started to "live" and go through the motions of life. I am in a very extensive program, and I graduate soon. I worry what life will be like after graduation. I worry that I won't be able to get pregnant or have a happy life. I feel like I exist right now, and I am more inclined to not care.

Do anyone else feel like this?
October 12, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterA
You are not alone feeling like this. I lost my son at 5months one week. I felt like the world kept going full speed 100%. Meanwhile, I was doing good to be going 20% of speed. The world went from vivid colors to muted dull colors.
I have let myself to have little wins. Showering, eating, doing daily tasks all wins. I too felt the anxiety of future planning. What if that was it last chance etc etc. What helped me in those times, for me that Sunday late night or 3 am thoughts, was to count what I am grateful for. Finding and reminding yourself of the joys even in tears helped me.
Read stories about women who have experienced this helped me. I am only 3 months out. When I speak to women futher out from one to 15 years, you see how life and joy does return.
Along the way, someone just told me view your grief as a partner walking through this with you. Lean into it. Experience it. And go through it.
I hope this helped you.
October 14, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterChris