search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > She would be 9

I've sat at this fire for nine whole years. I've cried, I've cried, been angry. I've been drunk, miserable, useless. I've been hopeful, happy, at peace, then numb. I’ve moved and swayed like the tide, then stilled myself likevan oal tree, unmoving, observing. Nine years. She'd be nine. I don’t miss her any less. Happy Birthday Zia.
July 16, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterJo-Anne
I've sat at this fire for nine whole years. I've cried, I've cried, been angry. I've been drunk, miserable, useless. I've been hopeful, happy, at peace, then numb. I’ve moved and swayed like the tide, then stilled myself like an oak tree, unmoving, observing. Nine years. She'd be nine. I don’t miss her any less. Happy Birthday Zia.

Typo less
July 16, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterJo-Anne
Happy Birthday, Zia!
Beautifully written, Jo-Anne.
Sending Love to you and yours.
July 16, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterEm
Happy Birthday Zia! Sending you love and peace Jo-Anne and missing her with you! Hugs!
July 17, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterAB
Happy birthday to Zia. Nine is a long time. Nine is what we call big-small in our family. Wishing you knew who big-small Zia would be. Abiding with you. Jen
July 18, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterJen (GITW)
Such beautiful words. Happy Birthday Zia
August 4, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterJulia
Happy belated to your beautiful Zia ❤️
August 15, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterScandinavian endo-girl