search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > The intensity of this pain

After the loss of my baby, everything seems to have lost colour and food it's taste. Happiness seems so elusive and even impossible. I miss the morning sickness, the backache and every other thing I used to complain about.
July 11, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterAdija
I totally feel the same way. I once read someone describe grief as being like syrup and that’s exactly how it feels. Everything is slower, cloudy and just feels so effortful to navigate. Sending love and light to you.
July 13, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterMeg
It's been only a week and my heart is still enveloped in relentless thorns that won't stop pricking. Caressing my forearm like it were my baby's head is a gesture born from sleeplessness and desperation yet strangely comforting to my wounded and empty heart. I will catch that light and love with all my strength Meg!
July 15, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterAdija
I too feel this pain. It's indescribable. If you sit still for too long you will get consumed by it. At the same time I'm thankful I'm not numb or dissociating because, to me, it means I'm finally processing and allowing myself to feel something.
February 17, 2024 | Unregistered CommenterErin