search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > early miscarriage

hi all :)

i lost my baby at only a few weeks along, im not even sure how far along i was, and i’m only just processing that this was a real thing. i just want my baby, my little girl (i have it in my head she was a girl but of course i don’t know for sure). she would have been a product of abuse, the child of a horrible man i have since escaped from, but i still wish i had never lost her, becuase im sure i would have made it work. people say i’m lucky to not have had to have his child, but i want them to be wrong, i want her back so i can show them we could have made it, but now i’ll never know. i’m only 20 and can’t find anyone who understands so i would love to speak to other people who might have some advice on how to cope.

love , Tyla
June 3, 2022 | Unregistered Commentertyla
I am so sorry for the loss and pain. My journey is different from yours, but the thing that I can relate to is the overwhelming sense of loneliness that you seem to be experiencing as well. For advice on how to cope, the one thing that I can offer, that I found helpful was to find a Facebook group that is made up of individuals who have experiences that are similar to mine. It made me feel less alone and gave me alternate perspectives to handle the daily hardships of waking up each day and knowing that my child wasn't going to come back.
June 12, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterL
I too lost my baby at only a few weeks along. Processing this loss is very hard. The father would have been an amazing father except he never loved me and told me he didn't have love to give a child. I've always wanted a son and I thought maybe I would have one. Did you picture your babies whole future too?
June 21, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterDeLaura Loyd