search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > I am done

I lost three beautiful babies, one as a stillborn in 2017 and two neonatal in 2019 and 2020.

It is all so unfair and life feels so pointless now. I am constantly fantasising about taking my own life and making it all stop. I feel as though I am wading through a swamp in pitch darkness. There are monsters ready to come at me at every turn. It’s a long nightmare from which I am unable to wake. My sons are gone forever and I don’t really want to live a life without them.

I see others on this forum have described feeling similar. I suppose it is unsurprising given what we have had to endure but I still don’t know how to carry on. I have been able to carry on working and have the facade of being put together but behind closed doors my house is extremely untidy and looks like a hovel. I don’t even care anymore. I can’t keep the wheels on any longer. I want to exit quietly in the same way my boys did.
April 19, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterLorna
Hi Lorna
I am so sad to read that you lost three babies.
The pain and sadness must be indescribable.
I am so sorry your three precious children aren’t here.

I just want to ask is there any support you can get (alongside sharing here) in your life- even to momentarily help you process these tragedies?
I know counselling is subjective but in your country - is this possible to find? Or a trusted medical professional?
Is there a safe person in your life to go to and talk? Not to fix anything but just as you deserve any support you can get right now, practical or otherwise.
I hope you can post here too if it helps you to share.
April 20, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterJets
Hi Lorna
I’ve been thinking about you since and hoping you’re getting through the days at the moment.
I think a lot of moms would identify with aspects of your post.
I know the feeling of appearing fine to the outside since my baby died and getting up to go to work but for it to be a completely different story inside. It takes so much energy to appear normal I find.
And that’s only in my situation which is not directly comparable at all to what you must be feeling having faced so much loss.
Anyway I just want you to know you’re in my thoughts.
April 27, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterJets