search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Miscarried at 9 weeks

We found out we were pregnant just before Christmas. We have been married 6 months and wanted this baby so much. I miscarried on my birthday at 9 weeks. The doctor says there was something wrong genetically and the baby just couldn't grow right. I'm so sad and I don't want to be around people. My husband is frustrated with me because I can't get over it. He was the one who insisted that we shouldn't wait to announce. Now everyone knows about our pregnancy and our loss, and everyone has something to say about it, and all of it hurts.
January 31, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterElle
I miscarried on Jan 21st at 14 weeks. It was my second miscarriage, so I understand exactly how you feel. Everyone thinks I'm so strong right now but the truth is that I'm not. For my first miscarriage, my husband had a hard time wrapping his mind around the loss, too. I was 12 weeks but my doctor said the ultrasound showed gestation of around 9 weeks - I had blighted ovum. My second miscarraige came as a complete shock because I had been to my doctor on the 11th and was told my baby was healthy and growing as they should. I was finally allowing myself to feel excited for pregnancy and then I went into preterm labor...

I truly understand your pain and loss and I am so sorry. </3
January 31, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterAsh
I also just miscarried with my first pregnancy at 9 weeks. We're a lesbian couple so trying is so difficult, but we were so happy when we got pregnant on the second try. My wife is being supportive and is sad too, but our partners can never understand how it feels, especially if you're still in physical pain. We're planning on planting a tree in our yard with some mementos of the pregnancy, nd having a little memorial ceremony. Right now I am on my 4th day in bed. I've been setting tiny goals for myself everyday (like wash my hair, go for a walk) and that helps me get through. Sending love your way.
February 2, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterKayla
My three miscarriages in a row were also at or between 9 and 10 weeks. There hasn't been a definitive diagnosis for why yet, but my doctor suspects genetics are at play. My second one was possible due to a partial molar pregnancy, but even that wasn't conclusive...
I am just eager for testing for me and my husband, but it's taking a long time to get the geneticist to call us for our appointments. I'm so sorry you and your husband aren't on the same page with your grief and feelings. I totally get the not wanting to be around people thing too, and you have been through something so traumatic. We don't just "get over" this, even though we are told by doctors and even family and friends that we should just try again..
I am so, so sorry for your loss. We are in this club that we never wanted to be a part of. I began therapy after my second one and I will honestly say that it has helped. I know this isn't feasible for everyone, but when you are so far in your grief it can be impossible to think about anything else so just wanted to put that out there if it hasn't crossed your mind. I agree with the previous poster too. Setting little goals for yourself is very helpful or trying to do something for you during the week. I have taken baths, gone on walks, or watched multiple episodes of a happy show.

<3
February 8, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterHeather