search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > i lost my babygirl

I am empires mom, i am 17 years old. i recently lost her due to a miscarriage about a week ago. i was 7 month and 5 days pregnant with my baby.
i had went to the doctors to day for my ultrasounds and the nurse looked concerned, and i kept asking what was wrong. she didnt say anything, i could see my baby girl on the screen but no heart beat. she tried to find it for 15 minutes... still nothing she gave me my pictures and left to get my OB, she had came with very bad news. she had told me that my miscarriage happened about a week ago, and that ive been caring my dead baby around thinking she was alive. and im looking at her stuff all her toys.blankets, cloths,shoes, and her little hand mittens. i was so ready to hear my babygirls laugh, and see her smile, and see my boyfriends smile looking at his daughter. right now hes in the guest bedroom, crying and screaming " why god why? why take my baby girl why?" hes getting a tattoo of her last heartbeat we heard. i loved her so much and i still had 2 more months to meet her, and now shes gone. shes my little angel. so to all the moms out there having to deal with heart breaking things like this, im so sorry for all of you. we can make it through this together mamas and i love all of you god bless everyone
January 11, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterAda Orozco
Ada, I’m so sorry to hear about your baby girl. I’m so sorry that such a terrible, painful loss has found you at such a young age. The first days and weeks after your baby is born are terribly painful. Know that we are here, thinking of you. It’s normal to feel angry, heartbroken and confused. Make sure to surround yourself with people who love you and cherish the short life of your precious girl.
Sending hugs.
January 12, 2022 | Unregistered CommenterS