search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > The day I found out there was no heart beat

1 year ago today marks the day I found out you were dead. I miss you so much. I am in so much pain. I feel so alone. The world moved on but I am still completely heart broken. I am in so much pain I feel it physically in my chest. I miss being pregnant. I miss my baby. I wish you could be here. You would be 5 months old. I wish I could hold you and see your smile. I can barely get out of bed it hurts so much. It feels as if the pain is flooding back just like right after it happened. 2 days after I found out you were dead I had to rush to the emergency department because there was so much blood and it wouldn't stop. They took me to surgery and scraped you out of me. And I am left with a hole. A dark empty feeling. An empty cradle.

To any mom's out there going through the same thing, you are not alone. I feel your pain. Keep going. You can get through this. Big hugs to you.
October 22, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterWendy
Sending a hug
October 26, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterDevorah
I just lost my baby one week ago when I was 21 weeks pregnant. It was a normal day. I went to the hospital for my routine check-up, and they told me the baby did not have a heartbeat. I went through a drug-induced abortion last week, and I am healing gradually. Wish you the best!
November 21, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterEmma
Thank you, Devorah and Emma for you support.

Emma, I am so sorry for the loss of your baby. I send a big hug to you.
December 16, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterDanielle