search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > What is your grief?

Exactly eight years ago I found Glow and every single day since I am grateful. Glow has over the years tried to move beyond these woods, to reach those who have been too afraid to search or unable to find our fireplace. We've started engaging on Facebook and Instagram and we'd love to share your voices too. Whether you want your name on the quote or not, we want to hear you. What is your grief in a line or quote?
September 22, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterJo-Anne GITW
My grief is that my baby won’t experience life.

Thank you Glow in the Woods for allowing me to say how much this hurts.
September 24, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterBridges
My grief is the whispered good mornings and good nights to a son I'll never hold again in life.
September 24, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterLuke's Mom
My grief is that all I’m left with now is pictures and memories. I will never hear him say his first words, laugh with his brother or hold him again.
September 26, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterEmma
Our family will always be incomplete, no matter how many kids we’ll bring into this world. She will be missing.

Scandinavian endo-girl
September 26, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterScandinavian endo-girl
Children are a symbol of hope. I lost my sons and I lost hope, forever, that day.
September 28, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterS
My grief is for my two never-born babies. I stopped singing when I lost my second. My fear is that I won't have a reason to sing again.
September 28, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterR
My grief is in calling out her name only for it to never fall on her ears.

And from my husband..

My grief is that every waking moment since is not how it should be.
September 29, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterLandry's mom
My grief is making a place in our home for her ghost and wondering why no one else can see her.

Thank you for this website.
October 11, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterM
Thank you so much for bringing us to the new audiences of Instagram and FB, JoAnne. The line I say to myself all the time, especially when life is going especially well or I am moved by something beautiful: "How is there this whole wide world without him in it?"
October 18, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterEmma
The loss of 5 babies, the loss of our future, the hardening of our hearts.

I carried you for all of your life and I will treasure you for all of mine xxxxx
October 26, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterMM
My grief is in the fact that I have two children but one is never recognized because one is in heaven who passed away in my womb. But my heart knows I have two and there is always this sense of something missing- my baby who isn't with us on earth.
November 5, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterDanielle
She should be planning her 5th birthday, choosing a cake and coloured balloons. But she’s not. Instead I will visit her grave and miss the little girl I never got to know.
November 10, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterKR