search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Mourning the things that she won't be going through

My friend's daughter just showed me her new earring. After feeling the pain in my ear (I had a bad experience with earrings), I remembered a conversation I had when I was pregnant: would I allow my daughter to get her ears pierced. I had responded, that as long as she or her father can take care of it then I'm ok with it (I definitely can't deal with earrings). And now I'm just really sad about my Miriam missing out on that experience, whether she'd want or not want to get her ears pierced, she'd definitely would've gone through discussing it with us, her friends... And now she would never go through that. Or any other growing up experience. I'm really sad about that.
August 25, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterDevorah
Oh Devorah, that is just so incredibly sad. Sending you a hug mama.
August 29, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterAB
Hugs to you my friend!
August 29, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterMeg
Thank you AB and Meg, sending a hug too
August 31, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterDevorah