search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Struggling..it's been a while

I used to come to this web site religiously, reading every post and trying to make sense of my son's death. It's been a really long time since I have been here. And I am not part of online communities for still birth and infant loss anymore. I just miss my baby. He should be starting kindergarten this year. I don't talk about him as much. He is not as central to my day-to-day. But my body aches for him, and sometimes it still seems surreal that I had a son who died. I just wanted to mention him. To mention that there are still some days that I feel like I have been punched in the gut. And that even though I might seem fine, a part of my heart will always be missing.
August 22, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterSidney's mom
Thinking of you and your son. Sending love to you both!
August 23, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterMeg
Thinking of both you and Sidney ❤️
August 23, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterScandinavian endo-girl
Sometimes I let my mind run wild and I imagine my little man as he would be now at almost 11 years old… i have 3 boys now, all born after we had and then lost him, and in my mind I piece HIM together from them. A lock of blond hair here…a bit of defiant attitude there…a warmest hug…I love you mum…
It will forever hurt. I hear you, sister in loss. I feel your pain.
I know your pain…
November 21, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterMari