search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Happy 9th Birthday Sarah.

Nine years....how can that be? The passage of time is always amazing. So much has happened in our lives and yet the heartache of the days anticipating Sarah's very early birth, her short life and her death remain constant. We don't talk about it much, my husband and I, just tidbits here and there. Yesterday we recalled how he ran to a nearby mall to buy a camera so we could photograph Sarah and capture as much as we could. My husband remarked... that poor young woman at the camera shop...what did I say to her in my desperation. Desperation.....I think that is the right word for that time.....desperate for hope....for something. Nine years.....here we are and we're ok, just missing you so much Sarah. Please say her name with me. Sarah Collette Raudzus Joa.
August 4, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterJulia
Happy Birthday Sarah Collette Raudzus Joa!
Sending Love to you and your family,
August 4, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterEm
Thinking of you and Sarah Collette Raudzus Joa!
August 5, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterDevorah
Thinking of you and your Sarah on her birthday! Sending you love. My husband and I think it's amazing how every single little detail from that difficult time of loss is engraved in back of our minds and they come rushing back on these special days! We lost our son 5 years ago in March. Today I came to this site to send the link to someone with a recent loss. It's also amazing how this space is so special ans safe in how we feel so connected to all parents, and stories, no matter how many years have passed! It brings us right back to when our journey started.
August 6, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterJignasa
I’m saying here name out loud together with my miss S’s on here birthday today.
I’m sorry your girl isn’t here with you.
August 15, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterScandinavian endo-girl