search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Ink for Cremation Tattoo

I am wanting to get a tattoo using some of my daughter's ashes (which get incorporated into the ink). There are a few companies online that create custom ink using some of the ashes but I'm really nervous about if these are legit. Has anyone had any experience with this?? Thanks!
May 28, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterMeg
I love this idea. It's a really nice reminder of the love for our babies. My husband and I did this, we bought supplies from Stick-and-Poke tattoo company and mixed in the ashes ourselves. I did the poking and we got matching ones for our daughter.
https://sticknpoke.com/
I recommend doing a practice run without ashes because if you don't poke hard enough, the colour doesn't stay. After our tattoos healed we did a second session and added ashes then so as to not waste any. We used the remaining ink for painted art.
July 17, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterM
Hey! I think my plan was to go to a tattoo artist but I would have to have the ink infused with the ashes. There are companies online (Cremation I k, some other ones I can’t remember) but I’m worried they aren’t legit.
July 17, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterMeg