search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Needing a friend?? (Mentions living children)

From the outside, I look great. Two beautiful girls here on earth and the best husband. It’s been 5 and a half years since we lost our sweet baby but it really seems like the other day. I just can’t seem to ever get it together. I keep thinking that this has to get better but it’s still so unbelievably fresh and I feel so broken. I’ve been in this site off and on since 2016 so just read stories but never posted. If anyone wants to unload and could use an understanding friend, I’m here. Armstrong2555@outlook.com
May 19, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterErin
Hi Erin, I am so sorry for your loss, I am new to this site as I lost my son Peter in December due to a cord accident. Our losses are a few years apart but I’d still like to be your friend, sending you an email shortly hereafter. Hugs
Rachel
May 20, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterRachel
Dear Erin

I am sorry for your loss. My loss was two and a half years ago. My grief is not as intense as in the beginning but it is still there. Sometimes I feel a certain way which I know no one who has not suffered a loss can understand, so I come to glow. Sometimes I just read and sometimes I comment. I feel like I'm among knidred spirits.
June 10, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterM's mum