search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > 1 year since you've been gone

It's almost been a year since you've been gone. I don't know how to cope with it anymore. I'm alone, your father left, I don't have anyone in my life who understands how this feels. I'm going to be suffering in silence when the day comes
March 16, 2021 | Unregistered Commentermateo's mom
I remember so keenly the pain of one year, mateo's mom. I'm so sorry mateo is not here with you. If you come to Glow In the Woods on his day, I'll be here to remember him with you and to send you some love and abide with you from afar. I promise. And if you can't come back, please know that I am thinking of you, and of your boy, and hoping mateo's day gives you some space to grieve and love however you need.
March 16, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterJen (GITW)
If suffering in silence is not what you need, just come here and I will weep for your son with you.
March 17, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterAnd L., too