search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > 10 years, thank you to glow in the woods

Ten years today. An impossibly long time. I can still feel the weight of the first days' grief, the first year's.

I don't come here often anymore. Once a year? I'm here today to say thanks to this community. My wife and I found you within a few days, and the common pain and the wisdom and all of the journeys into the unknown — it was a big help. Being part of this, listening and feeling for all of our fellow travelers.

I know this community shifts, as time goes on, as new tragedies befall new parents. And yet it is the same. Maybe you were here 10 years ago, maybe you were not, but my gratefulness for this place goes to everyone.
February 3, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterDavid
I wasn't quite here 10 years ago...I first visited almost exactly 9 years ago. I can feel 10 years looming already. It feels significant. Double digits!!!, as my eldest daughter wanted everyone to know when it was her tenth birthday. I'm glad you found this community, David. Glad I did, too. Glad it is here, still here, and glad that some of us come back over the years to check in and be together.
February 9, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterJen (GITW)
It will be ten years for me in august 2011. I found this place in November 2011. I too feel drawn back at times. Grateful for this space.
February 27, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterEm