search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Administration of website

I was just wondering if the contributors could share with me how they administer this site? I really like your site and I am interested in setting up a similar "place" in the country I live in (Hong Kong).
For example, how do you receive poems and letters from people (how do they contact you)? And how do you decide what to post?
Thank you so much. -Rosa
January 21, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterRosa
Hello, Rosa! I'm so sorry it's taken me such a long time to reply to this post and query. Emma and I are still finding our feet as the new editors of this site. The site is run on the blogging platform Squarespace, but that platform no longer allows for the same type of forum participation. I'm honestly not sure entirely how this is functioning now and I'm not sure if new blogs can be set up this way. Kate, the original founder of Glow in the Woods, helped set it up. I can check in with her, if you like? There is a form submission link on the front page that connects to our GITW email account, which is a functionality on Squarespace. Guest posters email us through that submission. The things we look for in a guest post are explained on that page, too: http://www.glowinthewoods.com/submit/.

If you have other questions, please ask away. I'll respond more quickly if I can! And if you'd like to submit a guest post yourself, please do!

Jen
July 27, 2021 | Unregistered CommenterJen (GITW)