search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Happy Mother’s Day

Sending love and a Happy Mother’s Day to all the mamas. It’s been a day of deep grief and also joy, despite my son not being here with me.
May 12, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterAllison
Allison- thank you. A gentle mother’s day to you as well. Today is also my baby boy, Luke’s, third birthday. I am also grateful for what I do have here and simultaneously grief-stricken that he is not.

Thinking of all of our babies who can’t be here with us today.

Xoxo
May 12, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterAbby
I hope everyone survived Mother's Day. This was my 10th Mother's Day without my middle son and it still surprises me a little that I feel so absolutely sad on that day. I am so grateful for my two living boys, but try as I might I usually can't get through the Mother's Day without a good 10-minute ugly cry in the shower. Wishing you all peace and light.

Jenny
May 17, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterJenny