search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Online therapy recommendations?

Hi All,
My husband and I delivered our stillborn baby girl about 2 months ago. We initially met with a counselor, but now that we are both back at work, our schedules make in-person sessions difficult. Does anyone have any recommendations for online live video therapy for couples? The ones I've found are mainly texting back and forth with a counselor (which I don't think would be that helpful) or individual live video sessions. I want to do this with my husband so we can continue to stay connected as we heal. Any ideas? Thank you so much, and peace to all who have to find themselves here.
What a great idea - I don’t have any suggestions but I hope someone else answers so I can investigate for us too. It’s hard to find the time to heal and do grief work while we are working full time too. Love to you and I’m so sorry to hear that you lost your precious daughter xx
April 17, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterKelly
Hi, I am so sorry for your loss. I did just hear about this recently from my own doctor, here is some information if you happen to be based in NY - https://www.columbiadoctors.org/specialties/psychiatry-psychology/our-services/telehealth

Even if you are not in NY, maybe they could direct you to similar services in your state?

I really hope that helps.
April 17, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterA
Thank you both so much for your ideas and kind words. Even just getting your responses makes me feel better / know I'm not alone. Since my initial post, I heard of a service called ReGain, which can do online video therapy sessions with couples. I will also look into the NY telehealth option. Sending healing thoughts to you both and your sweet lost babies.