search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Two Years

Two years today from the last time I held you baby girl. I miss you more than I could have ever imagined. Love you always xx
February 28, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterA
I'm sure there are many days that remind us of a special or painful time.
I know for me there will be the day I found out she was no longer alive, the day I gave birth, the day of her funeral and her due date. They are spread out over a period of just under one month. One month of Hell every year.
Until they come I can't know for sure what you are feeling but I imagine it could simply send us straight back to square one. Is there worse than the beginning? There are thankfully ,days that seem to flow smoother than others.

I hope today you don't feel worse than you expected and that you find confort in your love for your baby girl.
Sending love, light and strength today and every day.
February 28, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterMachaela
You are missed, baby girl. Your mama loves you more than you could ever have imagined, and no amount of time passing will lessen the strength of that love.
March 1, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterK West
Thank you ladies for your replies x
March 2, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterA
Hugs<3
March 7, 2019 | Unregistered CommenterScandinavian endo-girl