search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Seeking infant loss group-Upper Peninsula of MI

Hello!

This may sound strange, but I don't know what else to do. I'm wondering if there is anyone knows of any infant loss groups in the Upper peninsula of MI or even Northern Wisconsin (this is USA)? I have googled to see if there are any groups that I can join and I haven't found anything. If I have to get another question of "Do you want to come over and see my baby" or pictures of other people's babies with captions like "isn't he/she cute", I'm going to scream. I"m going to unleash my anger on these people. I need a change. I can't keep being surrounded by people that don't understand me and expect me to be over it. I have already been told "it's been like 7 months..don't you think it's time to move on" Typical person who has never gone through a loss like this. I just can't take it anymore. Maybe I just need to join a group... has anyone on here ever joined a type of bereavement group and if so, has it helped?
November 27, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterG's mom
I don't know of any bereavement groups in the UP, but I am not too far away in St. Paul, Minnesota. My son Aaron has been gone for 6 weeks and during that time I have read these posts (several of yours) and haven't found the words yet to say anything myself. I feel for you. I never intend to get over the pain of losing my son. In fact, I hope the hurt is just as deep as it is even 20 years from now. That is how much he means to me. The only words that have given me any relief is that grief is just another form of love, and I hold on to that dearly. If you want a companion on this shitty roller-coaster, I will be your friend. It's not too far-fetched to think of meeting up in Duluth for coffee to talk about our pain. I'd be happy to share my contact info if you are interested. (And by the way, I went to college at Michigan Tech, so I am no stranger to the UP.) Hang in there, friend.
November 28, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterAaron's Mom
Dear Aaron's mom,

You have no idea how much that would mean to me. I just feel so alone. I hope you don't think I'm such a crazy person ( trust me, I'm normal (well I used to be) I have called around everywhere and the only groups there are adult children and spouse grief support groups (which are still a couple hours away). I have never felt so alone living in the Upper Peninsula until now. Since you went to Michigan Tech and are kinda familiar with the UP you can completely understand that we don't have the resources like many other places have. Perhaps we can share email information? This is my email address: yoadrian02@gmail.com
November 28, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterG's mom