search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Where do I post her letter?

I have written out a card to my baby girl. It is in an envelope and has a heart sticker in place of a stamp.
Address? Paradis, Rue des Anges. Translation - Paradise, Angel Street. (I live in France).
I really want to put it in the post box. Just like I want to put her dress on her urn (Infact I did do that - I didn't want to admit to doing such a thing but i've had a bit too much to drink tonight, to try and numb the pain, and drink makes it all come out).
Do I post the letter in the post box?

Problematic: Where is she? Where do our dead babies go?

PS: We don't yet have a spot to greive. She was born a month ago tomorrow at 3:11am.
August 13, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterMachaela
Dear Machaela, I am so sorry for your heartbreaking loss. Everything you are doing is fine. There is no shame, nothing you should be embarrassed to admit. You are not alone. Put that letter in the post box, and it will go to her. She knows what is in your heart, and she is with you. She is with you as you grieve her loss, and she will be with you forever.

Some believe in heaven. I think when we die, we become everything. We become the earth, the sea, the leaves in the trees. Our energy is source energy and we flow back into it, retaining our unique fingerprint. We are able to reach back into the physical, into the lives of those we love. We can be reborn. Maybe heaven plays into this too. But what I know for sure, is that she is with you still.

Be gentle with yourself. I am sending you love and prayers.
August 13, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterEloise's mom
Thank you Eloise's mum.
I did it, I posted the card. I found some strength to do so. And so what if some think I'm silly. I'll stick my tongue out to them 😂
Me too, not sure if I believe in Heaven as in the religious way, but I do believe we come back and meanwhile we emerge into Earth's natural beauties. I especially see Maria-Rose in the wind. It is a confort.
But some days my faith isn't strong enough to ride the storm. I supose its a long and tough journey.
August 14, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterMachaela
Tu as trouvĂ© ta solution on dirait. Je t’envoie plein de douceur, de gentillesse, et de patience. Trois sentiments que j’ai trouvĂ© ici il y a 4 ans suite au dĂ©cĂšs de ma fille Ă  28 semaines et qui m’ont beaucoup aidĂ©. Et je t’envoie aussi les paroles dӃvidemment, la belle chanson de Michel Berger, chantĂ©e par France Gall: https://www.paroles.net/france-gall/paroles-evidemment. Peace to you maman.
August 21, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterAB
Quel plaisir de lire un message en français â˜ș
Je suis navrée pour ta fille, j'espÚre qu'en quatre ans tu as trouvé un peu de paix.
Merci de me diriger vers ces paroles, (je connaissais seul le version de Jenifer que je chantais en yaourt). Je la vois désormais sous une autre lumiere. J'aime beaucoup les paroles de Francis Cabrel "Je t'aimais je t'aime et je j'aimerais".
C'est vrai- "on rit comme des enfants...mais pas comme avant". Quelque chose a changé en nous. Et le gouté amer et la colÚre qui nous suit partout.
En faite pour moi, je ressens tellement d'Ă©motions parfois dans l'espace d'une heure. Meme plusieurs en meme temps.
Ex : une copine qui cĂąline sa fille de 2 mois et demi, je pleure et je sens une profonde tristesse pour ma famille et moi mais Ă©galement beaucoup d'amour pour elle car je l'aime et je veux qu'elle soit heureuse. La colĂšre pour des toutes petites choses, ex : couper un epi de maĂŻs qui ne veut pas ĂȘtre coupĂ©.
Peut ĂȘtre cette situation est temporaire et mes sentiments changeront, car rien n'est figĂ©, et il faut accepter chaque Ă©tape.
La douceur, le gentiesse et la patience sont difficile Ă  atteindre, il faudrait du temps.
De la paix pour toi AB.
August 23, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterMachaela
Merci Machaela. Oui, la paix j’en ai trouvĂ© un peu. Je me souviens qu’au dĂ©but comme toi, je ressentais tout...comme des montagnes russes...en fait je prĂ©fĂšre dire que mon deuil est comme l’ocĂ©an. Ma vie, c’est moi qui me promĂšne sur la plage. Au dĂ©but, c’était comme si je restais sur la plage pendant un ouragan. Je me faisais renverser par le vent et les vagues. Certaines m’enportaient en mer et j’avais l’impression que j’allais me noyer. Mais avec le temps, les tempĂȘtes, il y en a presque plus et mon deuil est comme les vagues Ă  marĂ©e basse. Il est lĂ , parfois une petite vague me mouille un peu...mais c’est tout. Et puis, j’ai maintenant un petit garçon de 2ans et demi et il m’appelle pour jouer avec lui alors je remets un pied dans l’eau et je vais jouer:) j’aime beaucoup « on garde cette blessure en nous, comme une Ă©claboussure de boue ». J’ai oubliĂ© de dire que Berger avait Ă©crit la chanson aprĂšs la mort de son ami Daniel Balavoine dans un terrible accident d’hĂ©licoptĂšre.

Tu es courageuse de voir le bĂ©bĂ© de ton amie—moi je n’ai pu faire ça pendant trĂšs longtemps...oui, c’est difficile de trouver ces trois sentiments...

Peace back to you!
August 24, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterAB