search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Four years

Four years since my beautiful boy was born. Four years since he died. It feels like a lifetime ago and yet I remember the day so vividly. I yearn for him more than ever today...what would he be like? What colour eyes would he have? What kind of birthday would we have given him? What kind of person would I be had I not gone through the pain and grief of losing him?

Although I haven’t been here in a while, I think about Glow often and how this place was my lifeline for so long. I’m grateful there is somewhere I can still come, four years later, and say his name and know he is remembered. I know he will always be here with the many other beautiful babies that have gone.

Happy birthday darling Hunter...I miss you every day.
Happy Birthday to your sweet boy!

Xoxo
April 30, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterM’s mama
Happy Birthday Hunter! Missing him with you Shannon. Hugs.
May 1, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterAB
Happy birthday, Hunter!
May 1, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterDenise
Our baby’s two year birthday is coming up too. Happy birthday Hunter. Xoxo
May 2, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterAbby
Happy Birthday, Hunter!
Our fourth year anniversary is coming up in July. Love to you and your family.
May 2, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterEm
Happy birthday Hunter!
May 4, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterMarta