search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Ectopic pregnancy?

Have any of you experienced an ectopic pregnancy? I went in today and they discovered that my pregnancy is ectopic. I have a d&c scheduled for the end of the month.
I honestly don’t know how to feel. Right now it’s all facts. I need to have an ultrasound and meet with the anesthesiologist before the d&c and these are the antibiotics I need to take after. I think I do this to keep myself from feeling sad. If I can make it less of a person i’ll Be ok right? If I don’t think of it as my baby died.
But I’m emotional and crying at the drop of a hat and my body is still acting like it’s a normal pregnancy so every day I’m dealing with morning sickness and knowing my baby is dead.
Has anyone been in a similar situation before? What do I need to know? Babyloss mamas, what helps?
March 6, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterA
Oh A, I'm so sorry to hear this. It's such a fraught road, trying to have a child, especially when it's compounded with multiple losses or infant loss or infertility or any other measure of trauma on conception and parenthood. I haven't had a miscarriage, but I can absolutely relate to the deep frustration and physical blow and disappointment that it must be. It's just not fair, and I wish it hadn't gone that way for you. I have gotten to this a few days after you posted... I hope you're resting now and just gathering your strength and taking care of yourself. Sending you love. xo
March 12, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterKate