search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Anyone in Orlando?

Hello again. I last wrote when we lost our baby girl Jiya at 38 weeks last June. The pain is still so intense. We have since moved to Orlando FL, and I don't know anyone. I'm looking to connect with other mommies of angel babies like myself. If you are in the Orlando area, please let me know if you would be open to meeting. Meeting couples who ask "do you have any children" is too hard...
February 14, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterJiya's Mom
Hi Jiya’s Mom

I’m not (in another country), but just wanted to respond and say hi. That question will always be horrid for us I think. I know when I can tell that question is coming from a new acquaintance, it’s like a brick appears in my stomach. And, particularly in those first months, I felt like a traitor if I answered with ‘no’. But sometimes that is the easier answer...and sometimes you meet someone you do want to confide in.

I hope you meet some people who understand, and some others who you can confide in in your new home.

S
February 18, 2018 | Unregistered CommenterS