search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > How to grasp emotions

Honestly , I’m here just in need of advice. For me it helps me to speak with mothers who have experienced the same tragedy.

My little baby passed away July 16, 2017 @ only 3 weeks old. I woke up and he was not breathing. It has been very hard to cope with him not being here. I find myself feeling guilty at the thought of enjoy whatever little happiness I can gather up, but having to because I have to other children at home . I’m not sure if what I’m feeling is normal. The guilt of getting through a full day not thinking of my baby & having a happy moment. I’ve become so overwhelmed. & I so badly want to feel better. With each passing month I think of the milestones, or what kind of baby he would have been. I’ve become terrified of holding other people’s babies. When will it get better! I feel absolutely defeated.
October 30, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterJanessa
Not sure when it will get better but it will shift. I remember in the early months and less so now 10 months out, feeling guilty for laughing or having fun with my daughters. Guilt is normal but try to be gentle with yourself as for me guilt just made me feel worse.
October 31, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterDenise