search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > What to do now?

Hi all.. I’ve very recently lost my daughter to a hypoplastic left heart syndrome.. we were unaware that she had the condition until she was 2 days old and she finally got too tired to keep fighting after 3 short months with us.. I feel so lost without her all I’ve ever wanted was to be a mom and I don’t know what to do with myself now that she is gone.. I feel like my heart has shattered into a million pieces it’s not even 2 weeks since she has been gone and I’m struggling to understand what my life means anymore
October 1, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterCher
Cher... I wish I could wrap my arms around you as I read your post... I am so sincerely sorry. We lost our little sunshine, our only son Brandon this past December at 40 days old. He had Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and we did not know until after autopsy, he presented with symptoms and passed very soon after. We are almost 10 months into this nightmare and only now starting to function a little better - I do not say this to scare you, but to ask that you please be patient. It is quite the storm - and why wouldn't it be - we love our children and they were not supposed to go before us. You might feel very alone at this but you are not, there are so many of us all over the world losing our precious babies every day, from heart conditions alone I've learned of quite a few since I began this sad journey. Take your time with the grief, eventually it will get less unbearable. But the love for her will go on forever.
October 2, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterCristiane
I’m so so sorry Cher. I hope this site gives you comfort when you need it, as it did me.
October 6, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterS