search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Time

Tomorrow is my birthday and also marks a year that I found out I was pregnant with my little girl. Its been 7 months since she passed away and I just cant believe it, this time last year I was on cloud 9 expecting our first child, I was so happy and excited and now a year later I am looking at her pictures in utter disbelief of how we got here. As the winter comes back around its just constant reminders of how happy and innocent I was before our world turned upside down. I cant help but think of how different our life should be now instead of our old routine that we are forced to go back to.
I am dreading tomorrow when people offer the usual birthday greetings. I dont want to celebrate, there is nothing to celebrate this year, however I know its not their fault so I will of course put my mask back on, smile and say thank you but deep down all I really want to do in stay in bed and let it pass me by.
September 27, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterJ
J I'm so sorry for your loss. It's also a year for me since I found out that I was pregnant with our daughter and 6 months since we lost her.
But I believe that you do have things to celebrate - your daughter made you a mother this year and you lived so many beautiful moments expecting her. So many women never even have a chance to feel the little one growing inside.
I understand that it's very tough to realize that your daughter is not there anymore and you'll never see her growing but she existed and you were carrying her and that's a blessing.
Sending you lots of love and soothing vibes. Will be thinking about you tomorrow.
September 27, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterElise's mom