search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Happy 5th Birthday Sarah

She would have been 5 today........5 years have gone by so quickly it seems. I always post here on her birthday to honour her with a group of people who share and can empathize with our story. I find it's hard for people in my day to day world to remember this date or seemingly talk about Sarah at all. Thank you for allowing me to share her memory with you.

These anniversaries are hard - remembering what might have been, accepting what was and embracing what is.

Much love. Happy Birthday my sweet Sarah.

xo
August 4, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterJulia
Happy birthday to your sweet, beautiful Sarah. Always remembered, always missed. <3
August 5, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterCameron
Happy birthday Sarah.

Thinking of you both.

Xoxo
August 6, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterAbby
Julia, I remember you and your Sarah from 5 years ago. Happy birthday to your sweet girl, Sarah. I hope the day had something that you needed in it. Sending love.
Happy 5th Birthday Sarah, you will always be loved and missed.
August 7, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterNada
Happy birthday, Sarah, you are greatly missed!
August 7, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterIsabel
Happy birthday little Sarah - sorry I am so late <3
August 9, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterCristiane