search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > 30 days of paradise

I was a girl who got married to her best friend and soon wanted to be the best wife and then one day comes when to become a mother was all I wanted in life ..I had the most beautiful son "Jivin" meaning life was born on this 17-5-17 ...
The first time I heard his cry gave me the best feeling of the world..
I felt in love with my gorgeous son..we kept staring at each other for hours while he nursed..
I felt I have won a world war ..
He kept giving me "I love u mom" look eveytime I hold him..
My world was filled with words like how cute my son is and how adorable he is..
Then one day right on his 30 day he decides to say goodbye without warning...
The time the doc told me that we have done everything to do help him recover from his cardiac
And we can't do anything ....
My whole world was taken away that second...
Like how can you...
It is the most painful sentence I will hear ever....
How can my son just leave ...my first born...
My heart strangely kept beating but I passed away with my son...
I passed away...
To live with this pain is like living on earth alone...my heart goes out to all the parents
Who have lost their angels..I feel angry on nature as if there should be a rule that
Babies and children must not die...
My heart beat says "Jivin" s. name as it beats..and I shall keep this little light burning as his
mother was not so weak and never shall be...love u eternally in all lives ..Jivin"
July 11, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterMum Divya
That is beautiful Mum Divya, Thinking of Jivin and all the other lost ones and knowing that they will not be forgotten while their parents' love them.
July 11, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterKE
Mum Divya, I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Jivin. Holding you both close to my heart today.
July 11, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterNada
Mum Divya, I am so sorry for your loss. I too feel as though part of me died with my daughter. I will also keep the little light burning, I know we have brighter days ahead. Thanks for sharing your heart
July 11, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterAKM
Thank you all KE, Nada and Akm ...for undersatnding the pain I do and will always do...
I now know I am not alone in this path of thrones where u have to just learn to live with it...
To all of u shines from my precious "Jiivin". ....x
July 12, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterMum Divya
I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Jivin. Thinking of him and you.
July 12, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterAbby