search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Lots of sadness

I am sitting at my computer at work trying to hold my tears in. My heart is breaking for a family I just heard about - they lost a newborn to heart problems (I wonder if the same heart defects as our sweet granddaughter?) a year or two ago, and were rejoicing in their rainbows - quadruplets! Sadly she went into preterm labor at 23 weeks and all four little girls passed away - 2 yesterday, 2 this morning. I know that loss is not quantifiable, that we don't play the "my loss is greater than your loss" game but my mind cannot wrap around this. I know the ache our family feels with the loss of our baby 3 months ago, and I am heartbroken for them. May I ask all of you other baby loss moms to offer a moment of prayer or good thoughts or compassion for their sweet little babies - baby S, L, E, and K. May God comfort and bless them.
June 14, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterC
Will do...and I am so sorry. Heartbreaking and so tragically unfair.
June 14, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterElaina
Sending them a wish for peace and love. It hurts to hear about this. So many gone! Each so special. Hope you are doing well otherwise, C.
June 14, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterJill A.
Heartbreaking. I hope the parents might find their way to Glow someday and to the support in these pages and forums.

Such a punch in the gut for them to feel the hopefulness of a second chance (four times over!) and then for it to result in further tragedy. Makes me question everything about this universe.

Thinking of sweet babies S, L, E, and K, each one wanted and each one wonderful. So sad.
June 14, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterCameron