search discussions

glow in the woods

front page
the archives
what is this place?
the contributors
comment policy
contact

Parents of lost babies and potential of all kinds: come here to share the technicolour, the vividness, the despair, the heart-broken-open, the compassion we learn for others, having been through this mess — and see it reflected back at you, acknowledged and understood.

Thanks to photographer Xin Li and to artist Stephanie Sicore for their respective illustrations and photos.

for one and all > Lost Our Precious Jiya

On Wednesday June 8th, we received devastating news that our precious baby girl Jiya no longer had a heart beat. I was in my 38th week. I am shattered and broken. I need your words, any words, of solace right now. She was the most beautiful, little angel. She is our second loss. We lost our first daughter Hailey in the 5th month due to a genetic issue. Getting pregnant with Jiya was the answer to our prayers after experiencing and surviving through our loss of Hailey. Now we shattered all over again. This time having set up our home and been so prepared to bring our baby home in just 2 weeks. I so feel lost and helpless. Life has been so unfair to us.
June 10, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterJiya's Mom
Jiya's Mom - I am so so sorry for the loss of your baby girl. It is so unfair that you don't have her in your arms now - and must be amplified even more by the loss of her sister earlier. It was seven weeks ago now that my husband and I lost our baby boy in labor 5 days past his due date - and i know so well that feeling that you had prepared so much and had set up everything for Jiya's arrival and it is now gone. The only thing that I can offer is that, even seven weeks out, I have moments of happiness and days that are even more good than bad. It will get easier to breathe. Be gentle with yourself and your husband right now - just take it one breath at a time. I am thinking of you.
June 10, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterSR
Dear Jiya's Mom. Sincerely sorry for the loss of your daughter Jiya, and her sister Hailey. I lost my 40 day old son Brandon in December, after having 2 miscarriages and being so sure I was finally getting my rainbow. The beginning is very hard, but of course it is because we have so much love in our hearts for our babies and now that love does not know where to go. Just allow yourself to feel everything that comes, sadness, anger, longing, disappointment, the only way out is through - even though of course we will long for them forever - sending you love.
June 11, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterCristiane
I am so sorry. There no words I can tell you right now that can help. But feel understood. You are. Hug your husband strongly, take the force from each other. Thinking of you.
June 12, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterMarghy
Jiya's Mom, I am so deeply sorry for the losses of your precious Jiya and Hailey. I lost my son Riyad at 38 weeks as well, back in November.

Please be kind and patient with yourself. Lean on your husband for support, take the time to rest. If you need to scream and cry, then do so. The first few months are so very hard and you need to just take it one moment at a time, because at first it's difficult to even take it one day at a time. The women at Glow are very supportive and have helped me through my darkest, rawest pain.

You are not alone. We are all here for you, and we understand your pain.
June 14, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterNada
Jiya's Mom, I am so sorry you find yourself here and for the loss of your beautiful Jiya and Hailey. Life is unfair and can be cruel in the hardest of ways. We lost our son, Carter, 4 months ago. The emotions are less raw now, but still very much present. I know it's been said on Glow before, the grief is always there it just changes with time - becomes different. There isn't a second goes by that I don't think about Carter. Wishing he was in my arms.

Be gentle with yourself, find comfort in people who will support you, celebrate and honor your Jiya and Hailey's life, in whatever way feels right for you. Take it one day at a time - sometimes it's hour by hour.

Sending so much strength and hugs your way. Seek out Glow whenever you need to be heard, understood, or need comfort and support. We are here for you.
June 19, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterJenna
Thank you to everyone that responded to my cry for help. This past Tuesday 6/20 should have been the day that we brought our previous Hiya home with us. It was her anticipated due date. Getting up in the mornings is really hard. I prefer silence and messaging over talking right now. I find myself numb. I ache to hold and see her again.
June 23, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterJiya's Mom
Dear Jiya's mum ...I am truly sorry for your loss ..
Stay strong as ur daughters from heaven are watching over you
... they are ur angles and u will always remain their mum...-always..
Life will never be the same but women are strong and I know loss of child is
the worst pain imaginable...hugs xx
July 11, 2017 | Unregistered CommenterMum Divya